Monday, March 17, 2008

Okay, so now it is the sacrum

Since I have been getting incredible advice from you guys and gals about my ailments, lets chat about one more.

Now, it's my sacrum. This time I injured it bowling of all places! I was bowling (which I haven't done in over 7 years) with a ball that was way too heavy for me (because it was a busy night and all the light ones were gone). And with the first roll, I felt the left SI joint separate, and owee!!!

So, I've been practicing anyway, and it really isn't bothering my practice...but does anyone have any tips on resetting or soothing the sacrum? :) And, anyone out there with this type of problem, which poses do you find irritate it?

Thanks to all! :) Namaste! And Happy St. Patty's Day!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think when most people have a problem with the SI joint, it's because it freezes up rather than further separates. The chiropractor I go to does some funky move where you lie on your side with your knee out and they basically twist your upper body against your lower body using your knee like they are kick starting a motorcycle. It's a trip. Anyway, you regrettably can't do it to yourself. I'd ice it. Good luck.

alfia said...

Hi, Elaina:

I have never had ny problems with my sacrum, so no advice from me.

I would think, though, if it doesn not hurt during the practice, it should be OK to do yoga. I think it will heal by itself if you do not irritate it.

Good luck!

Yoga Chickie said...

Hi Elaina - I just wanted to say that your backbend is GORGEOUS. I still have a long way to go before it looks as evenly distributed through the back as yours is. I assume you will be standing up from your backbend in no time, if you aren't already.

Elaina said...

Alfia,

Thanks for the well wishes! :)

YC,

Thank you so much! Still no standing, but I haven't practiced in two days now, work is getting in the way! :) You better believe that I will put up a post when that happens;)