Thursday, July 31, 2008

Can't.....give.....in.....

To the 100 post curse. I have to push on :)

It has been over 100 degrees here for a long time. Summer in Texas is intense! The thing is, I feel calmer than I have in a while, and I wonder if the heat is burning up my anxiety and unrest. I'm not really doing anything else differently.

Teaching has been taking off. I'm teaching four classes a week now. One mysore, two led, one hatha. Whew! I love it. I feel busy but energized. The best part is, there is a class before or after every class that I teach that I like to take. So it keeps me practicing at least three times a week or so.

I'm really loving teaching that hatha class. It wasn't that long ago that I posted here about my worries with teaching that class. Interestingly, teaching hatha opened up my personal practice. I'm now practicing Ashtanga and Anusara regularly. I have to say they complement one another very nicely! I'm even enjoying writing sequences for my hatha class, the part I dreaded most at the start. Every so often I'll find myself teaching led Ashtanga, and wanting to throw in my own stuff....I resist, but having that urge at all is pretty funny to me :)

Alright, more soon, Thanks Alfia for pushing me along :)

1 comment:

alfia said...

It is good to have you back! :)