Friday, June 12, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

My husband and I spent a week in the Bahamas with family to celebrate after my last post. We stayed in Grand Bahama at West End, and then Port Lucaya. I am awestruck by the people there. So friendly and happy!

Returned to Austin on June 8th, and started slowly integrating my practice back into my life with sun salutations, random poses, basically whatever I felt like doing at each moment. I discovered something unsettling. Supta Badha Konasana (Reclined Bound Angle) is impossible now. At first I thought it was tightness in the hips, but the left hip has been opening, and the right one is pain, not tightness. I cannot externally rotate it very far without some serious pain deep in the hip. Am worried it could be a labral tear...but don't want to go to the doctor or PT just yet.

Luckily, this pain only comes in external rotation in Supta Badha Konasana, Badha Konasana, and all other poses so far, it is okay. So, I will continue with gentle yoga for the immediate future until I gain strength and stamina. :)

No comments: