Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ok, seriously back this time!

Completed the PhD, moved back to Chapel Hill, NC for a post doctoral position. Have no teacher here, so I am practicing to Kino MacGregor's DVDs, which are pretty great.

Took WAY too much time off from this practice, my body is tight. I feel like I am worse off than when I started the practice years ago. Could be due to the amount of walking and biking I'm doing, now that I'm living so close to work. I'm hoping that like relearning from a book, this will come back twice as fast as it did the first time. There are parts that never left, like sirsasana, ujjayi, trikonasana, and sarvangasana.

Ordered the intermediate series DVD today, so that when my practice is back, I can work on second from home as well. That will be interesting without a teacher!

I was so blessed in Austin to have so many wonderful Ashtanga teachers available. It's a case of you don't know what you have until it is gone. I did a search today, and there are VERY few ashtanga classes in Chapel Hill, may have to venture to Durham or Raleigh.





2 comments:

alfia said...

What's up, doc?

;)

No teacher? This is sad! But I believe you can do it on your own, Elaina. You have the discipline and willpower.

Welcome back and congratulations on your new place!

Hugs,
Alfia

Elaina said...

Thanks Alfia :) Kino is my teacher at the moment. Just got the intermediate series DVD, moving myself through second.

Let me know if you are ever down here in NC, I would love to see you!