Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No Teacher, then BE the Teacher

I have always subscribed to the 'inner guru' idea that your greatest teacher is within. Sometimes, however, my inner lazy person is at odds with my inner guru! But I'm moving my practice forward without a teacher at the moment, and while it is slow going, at least it is going! :)

Also, because of the need for Ashtanga teachers in this area, I decided to look for a nearby studio to teach at. I'll be teaching "Ashtanga Fusion" at Triangle Yoga here in Chapel Hill. I'm really excited to get to know the community around here, and to get back to teaching.

Just got Kino MacGregor's Intermediate series in the mail this weekend. Going to start moving through series at home. This should be interesting ;)

Oh, and as an update to the hip stuff I posted about a while ago, the right hip is feeling much better, after taking it easy, and doing gentle stretches on that side for months...but now the left hip is feeling EXACTLY how the right one was a while ago! So, I'm just going to try to work it out through the practice. Crazy hips.



No comments: