Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Fit TV

Last night I found out that channel 68 on our cable line-up is called "Fit TV". My first thought was, "well, that is an interesting oxymoron!". When I saw that it is a bunch of work-out shows where you can follow along with the TV, and exercise in the comfort of your living room or bedroom, I was weirdly excited. These shows are so oddly artificial, yet somewhat addicting. I ended up working out with my TV for a lot longer than I meant to, just to see what would happen next. I think I'll add this to my exercise routine for a while, because it is nice to have someone else tell you what to do and when. And the movements are so different from what I'm doing in my yoga practice. Plus, I feel like my TV owes me for the hours it has sucked out of my life. It's about time TV started pitching in and doing something useful!

I can't even being to say how much I am enjoying Triangle Yoga. So glad to have found a studio, and a kula, here in Chapel Hill. Everyone is really nice, and the atmosphere is a lot less competitive than what I experienced in Austin. The teachers are extremely qualified, and the classes I've taken so far have been wonderful.

Hoping to keep a daily practice through Thanksgiving, so I'll post again soon.




No comments: