Monday, November 23, 2009

Core Power Yoga

Took a great class over the weekend at Triangle Yoga called "Core Power Yoga". I'm attending as many classes there as I can squeeze into my schedule so that I can meet the other instructors and see what the classes are like. This one was really great because it was so different from Ashtanga that it made me work new muscles, and old muscles in new ways. I've always found it amazing that no matter how long you have been practicing Ashtanga, and no matter how much endurance you have for the series, another yoga class can come along and kick your butt. For example I'm always humbled in Anusara classes, where we hold warrior for what seems like forever, and my thigh is SCREAMING at me, and every ounce of me wants to flow and to move on!

Had visitors over the weekend, and didn't get to practice other than the above mentioned class. I feel crappy today as a result. I can't believe how fast I've wanted/needed my daily practice. I feel cloudy, sluggish, and generally pissed off today...going to class tonight at 5:45, thank goodness.

No comments: