Thursday, June 21, 2007

Connected

I went to a very crowded cafeteria style room today for lunch with a couple friends. While they grabbed our lunches, I reserved a table by sitting and spreading my few belongings out to look like I had invisible friends at every seat. At first I felt pretty awkward. And then I started looking around at all the other tables of people. I usually ignore a crowd in that type of situation, but instead I decided to lean into the awkwardness. And I found that as I saw each person, met eyes with a few of them, that I was glad I was looking at them. I felt connected to them and happy that they were there. Isn't it funny that a crowd can either make you feel lonely or make you feel in touch, depending on how you react to it. Same crowd, different reactions.

Okay, enough of my esoteric rant. I just really enjoyed that feeling.

Today is the second pain free day in over six weeks. No asana for over two weeks. I see the physical therapist in the morning, and I'm praying he'll say that the vertebra has stayed in alignment.

I gave that talk yesterday. I got a really positive response, and that was very cool. I almost feel like a real, honest to goodness scientist. Almost :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I'm just so glad that you're not in any pain anymore. Hopefully, this will all clear up for you within the next couple of weeks. I saying this not to persuade, but to sympathize: I changed lineages myself from Ashtanga to Anusara for the reason of my body starting to talk to me in ways I wasn't comfortable with. I agree with the idea that our Karma and our past is hidden in different places in our bodies, but I am personally not one to force myself into those areas that I don't feel ready to handle. That's all darlin'.

Warmth,

Jeremiah