Friday, July 6, 2007

Chicago

Still in physical therapy. Many painful days since those pain free days I last wrote about. No asana for weeks now. It is interesting how much you learn about yourself in situations like these.

I leave for Chicago tomorrow for almost a week for a conference. I'm giving a talk about my research in front of an audience of 500. That should be interesting. It is so funny how this is my work that I have spent years of my life on, and I still feel a little like a phony when talking about it. Like some sneaky imaginary competent scientist comes in , does all the work, and then I get to pretend it is mine. I wonder how long you are in this line of work before you really feel like you deserve to be a part of things like this :)

I'll write when i return from Chicago, and hopefully I will be able to return to asana as well.

Namaste.

2 comments:

Tim said...

If you get a chance, try The Frontera Grill - possibly for lunch, since you always have to wait at dinner. I wrote about this in late Feb/early March. Have fun.

Elaina said...

Tim, Will do tonight! Thanks so much for the idea :)