Wednesday, May 28, 2008

To the Happy New Couple!

I just returned from a week in Chapel Hill for my Mom's wedding. It was one of the most fantastic weeks I've ever had. We stayed at a new hotel on Franklin Street, with me, my hubby, my Mom and her fiance in the penthouse suite. We were surrounded by family and friends and spent every moment enjoying life to the fullest.

I was honored to be the matron of honor, and the ceremony was both beautiful and moving. It is so joyous to see two people truly in love, pledge this to one another, and share it with the people they are closest to. The reception was full of laughter and love, it was truly a magical day.

I'm back in Texas, gearing up to get back to work, both at the lab and at the two yoga studios here in town. It is bittersweet to be back, I realized that I miss my family and NC even more than I thought, I sobbed as the plane took off and carried us away. It is nice though to be sad because you love so much and are loved so much.

My mom and I have always been close, but this week took us to another level of closeness. We shopped, planned, got our hair cut and done, had manis and pedis, cuddled, shared our thoughts, ate and drank, and spent some serious quality time together. I also bonded even more closely to my new father-in-law who I'm already referring to as "Dad" :) I liked him very much right from the start, but I feel more and more love for him the more I get to know him. He takes very good care of my Mom and it is obvious he really really loves her.

To the happy new couple! I miss you already! Congratulations!

1 comment:

alfia said...

Welcome back, Elaina! I am happy you have acquired an excellent new relative (is he a step-dad or a father in law? I always have trouble telling). :)