Monday, May 12, 2008

Sake it to me!

We had a sake tasting at my house this past weekend. It was supposed to be a theme party, like our beers of the world party a year ago. Turns out people get drunk fast when tasting lots of different kinds of sake...The beer party went til the wee hours of the morn....this one....everyone was gone by midnight;P It was fun though.

I had to teach the next morning at 9 am. I wrote out a complete class sequence just in case I wasn't in the best shape. Luckily I was very well behaved at the party and teaching class was fine. It is really interesting sequencing classes every week. It makes me appreciate the primary series that much more. I often struggle to put everything I think my students will need in one class, in a nice little package with a bow on it like the primary series...but I am not the yoga architect Guruji is :)

It really is fun to teach this class, I have a couple regulars that come every time, and even let me know when they won't be able to make it. That is pretty special to me, that they enjoy it enough to make the effort to come. It really is an honor and a pleasure to teach.

3 comments:

alfia said...

Morning, Elaina!
Sake, huh? Bad lady! :D

I have been teaching for 3 years now and I still write a lesson plan for each class. I do deviate from it if I feel it is appropriate, but I am totally dependent on it. I am not sure if it is a good or a bad thing...
Happy Tuesday!

Elaina said...

I know! Bad Lady indeed! :)

I usually write something out, but then throw it to the side and teach to the room, that is not the way it went that day :) Stuck to it like glue!

Elaina said...
This comment has been removed by the author.