Saturday, April 26, 2008

Leggo my Ego

I've been struggling a lot with ego lately. I watched this movie "revolver" by Guy Ritchie, which sums it up quite nicely that our worst enemy is inside our head making us believe it is our best friend. It is insidious and ever so difficult to tease it apart from the truth. It seems the more aware I am of my ego, the more frustrated I am by its presence.

At work, I struggle with feeling competitive with others. If they learn to swim, I do not drown, so why would I be so threatened? I get angry at myself for feeling this way. I want to feel more love for those around me.

With yoga, I struggle with comparing myself to other teachers or practitioners. Again, their success does not impede my own, so why would I ever be bothered by it.

It has been pretty intense lately. I am hoping it has come to a frenzy point because I am confronting it. I am also hopeful that I am on the precipice of some great transformation. Last night at a party, a friend of mine did a brief tarot reading for me. My card was the wheel of fortune, which stands for truth, enlightenment, and the constancy of change. In the reading he said my mantra for now should be "I am now ready for the miracle of my lifetime". Boy am I ever.

Happy Weekend All!

2 comments:

alfia said...

I know exactly where you are coming from. Just today I observed people getting up from UD with no effort at all and I felt envy! Plain, old, green envy. I was quite ashamed of myself.

Elaina said...

I was writing almost the exact same comment on your blog at the exact same time! :) Too funny!