Friday, June 13, 2008

Anusarashtangi

Huh.

I went to my second Anusara class ever tonight. The first one was almost two years ago, and I hated it. All the details, all the concern over alignment, etc.

Well I went to my second one tonight, and I don't know if it was the atmosphere or the teacher or me being ready to receive it, but I freaking loved it. LOVED IT.

I even had my first emotional release during savasana. Small bubbles of sadness breaking the surface. I feel like I unloaded some baggage, and I can only figure that all that heart opening was good for me. I must hold my vulnerability and anxiety in my chest. I am working on mobility in my upper back and chest lately because I find that area to be very inflexible. I think Anusara may be a perfect complement to my Ashtanga practice :) Hurray!

I also think it was fun to practice poses that I usually don't. At one point the teacher was like, "Okay everyone take a partner, and work on Pincha Mayurasana". I was grinning from ear to ear. Like I was being naughty.

I have a feeling there is more Anusara in my future :)

6 comments:

Jeremiah Wallace said...

Whose class was it?

Elaina said...

Mark at Seventh Street. I'm hoping to go again this Friday :)

Jeremiah Wallace said...

Ah yes, Mark. Love him and his girlfriend Hannah. One day, I'll make it to their classes...

Elaina said...

I'm going to try to hit Hannah's Level 2 flow tonight at 6 at Seventh Street.

Eddie isn't feeling too well today, so I may have to go home to take care of my sweetie!

If I go, I'll be sure to let you know how it was! :)

alfia said...

I have never been to anusara class! Iyengar, sivananda - yes, anusara, no! I should try it.
Elaina, are you still coming to DC? It was June 26, right?

whatnot said...

join us, elaina! join us!

muah-ha-ha!