Tuesday, May 15, 2007

All Banged Up

Okay, either I am the most clumsy person in the world, or I am pushing myself too hard. I have teeny weeny injuries all over the place! They consist of:

-Bruises on the sides of both elbows from my legs pressing my arms into the ground in Kurmasana
-A small sprain on my left foot from landing weird on the top of my foot while jumping through
-A very sore inside of my left knee from landing on it when jumping back from bakasana
-A sore upper left spine, maybe from the rounding of Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana
-A sore left SI joint, from demo-ing revolved positions while teaching when not warm enough
-Sore lower back from drop backs

The thing is, despite all of these, I'm really enjoying my practice and am being given a new pose almost daily. And any one of these on their own wouldn't be so bad, but I feel so beat up that it is definitely forcing me to take it easier....I don't want to be that person in class that is always injuring themselves...thank goodness tomorrow is a moon day! :)

1 comment:

Kayla said...

Aha, now I know where the big bruises inside my elbows came from....kurmasana! I spend most of my five breaths in that posture trying to wiggle my arms back...no wonder.

I'm enjoying my practice, too, even though I'm stiff and hobbling for the first fifteen minutes after I get out of bed in the mornings....they're well-earned bruises and aches!