Thursday, May 3, 2007

Morning Mysore with Mary

Okay, I was skeptical at first about this whole early morning mysore thing...but I have to say I freaking love it. Granted, Wednesday was a moon day, and I've only been today and Tuesday, but I can't wait to get up in the morning and go tomorrow! I'm converted! I have a feeling that this will be cyclical, like all things in life, and I will go through phases where I don't want to get up so early every day. If I can just remember how much I love it now, that should carry me through the times I don't love it so much.

Mary Flinn is an amazing teacher. She doesn't leave room for slacking off, and is very helpful and compassionate. I am really enjoying learning from her. She has given me through Garba Pindasana, and says that it isn't really about the poses, she thinks they are there for me to continue, she says it is more about stamina.

I agree with her about that one. My stamina is lacking lately, between switching to morning practice, that month hiatus for my shoulder, and giving up meat (yes I've finally gone vegetarian), my body is going through some adjustments. I see progress though, so I am pleased.

Teacher training again this weekend! I'm about half way through...Crazy!

Hope all is well with you.

3 comments:

Yoga Chickie said...

Mary used to practice at my shala. She was quite amazing to watch in so many ways - not just physically, but her focus and her sense of humor. She seems like a really bright light....enjoy!

Lauren

Elaina said...

That's so cool! :) Did you two know each other well? Also, how do I get to read your blog? I don't have your email address. I miss the updates!

Anonymous said...

a-ha! I found you!