Monday, April 30, 2007

Nadi Shodana

A friend of mine was giving a workshop called "Intro to Second Series" and I decided it would be fun to check it out....boy was I right, and very wrong. First let me say that I do not think that I should be moving on to second any time soon, I was just curious. Then, I'd like to say that anyone practicing second should stop reading this and do something nice for themselves instead. Second series is no joke! I feel like a piece of chewed bubble gum today.

I'll start mysore in the mornings tomorrow. I told Mary at a party for her this weekend that I would be in her morning mysore classes, so that I couldn't back out. I hope I adjust to the new schedule quickly, I've never been a morning person, but I can't pass up the opportunity to study with her. Any advice on making the transition?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't stop attending for at least one month. It is a time to really discover your inner strength, as that is what will help you with the practice. If she stops you in your practice remember humility and just keep returning. It is your practice, your meditative time, your time to grow as a yogi.

Peace.

CJ said...

Just get up, have a shower, go to practice...it becomes a habit pretty quickly, you won't look back.

Tim said...

I blogged about getting up a while ago; you can find it in my September '06 archives (on the 12th). Good luck!

Elaina said...

Thanks for all the advice everyone! :) I went this morning, and it was wonderful!