Friday, April 6, 2007

I couldn't resist

So, after telling myself it would be okay to practice every other day while I get back up to speed with my practice....I practiced last night. That's two days in a row, no day in between...and I was super sore, and skipped almost all the vinyasas, put my legs up the wall during most of the closing sequence...and loved it. I'm thinking that doing a 50% practice every day or a 90% practice every other day is about the same thing :) Regardless, I've missed practice so much. I couldn't resist. I would say I'll take today off, but who knows.

3 comments:

CJ said...

Out of experience I would warn against getting too enthusiastic too soon. For me it was all wonderful and then I really dipped again and had to pull back. It's just my own opinion but I would do 50-60% or something to what you feel you can do for the first week, even if you do think "cool, I can just get back to normal now". Take the time, it's worth it.

But at the end of that day only you really know what to do!

Elaina said...

CJ, I know you are right :) Thanks for the advice! I'll keep this in mind over the next week or so.

Yogamum said...

My teacher always says a little practice every day is better than a lot of practice once or twice a week. Even a couple of Surya Namaskaras "count."