Friday, April 27, 2007

Strength and Stamina

You know how sometimes you will have a practice where you begin to wonder if you are capable of practicing ashtanga yoga? Anyway, I hope you know. I'm still gaining speed from the month off I think. I can't for the life of me make it through an entire class without skipping vinyasas left and right. And my jumpbacks are excruciating. So much effort in each one that I poop out right around Mari A.

I realize that this is part of the journey, and I love that, I just feel so weak sometimes!

My last class with my mentor was last night. He has told us he is moving to a different studio downtown, so I could still see him every so often, which is good... The torch is being passed to Mary Flinn this weekend at a potluck dinner. Her first public class is Saturday, and I will go. I'm excited to have the chance to study with a teacher certified by guruji. And a different point of view is always helpful.

All the "cool kids" are going to the potluck, and some of them have even acknowledged my existence over the past few days. I hope that having some social interactions outside the studio will help us bond. Thanks for the enlightening comments about this situation, my perspective was a little narrow, and realizing that has made me feel better.

No comments: