Thursday, April 19, 2007

I so got called out...

On my way to led primary tonight I realized that I was actually dreading practicing. It happens every once and a while, I just imagine all the asanas to come, and I want to start just to get it over with. So, I came up with an "awesome" plan, I would ask my teacher to assist so I wouldn't have to practice.

Here's the thing, when I came in and said "I was thinking I could assist instead of practicing tonight", he saw right through me and said aloud to the whole class "Sounds to me like someone just doesn't want to practice!"....How the eff did he know that! I got called out....and then something amazing happened, I had a wonderful practice. It may have been destined to be awesome either way, but I'll never know. Kurmasana with heels off the floor, binding to the wrist in all the Mari's (except D, don't be crazy! :)), and hands to floor in prasarita padottanasana C (okay, that was with an adjustment, but it was still the first time I've touched, help or no help).

This will keep me motivated for a while, you never know when that really great practice will be, so when the urge is there to skip it, don't.

In other news, teacher training is this weekend. And in just over a week, I'll begin a regular morning Mysore class with Mary Flinn! :) She is recognized by Guruji, and is going to be by far the most experienced teacher that I've studied with long term. I figure weekend workshops with David Swenson don't count. I'm really excited!

To all a good night!

No comments: