Sunday, April 1, 2007

Back in the Swing of Things?

I went to led primary yesterday morning. I modified quite heavily to be safe, no jump-throughs or backs, no arm balances, I refrained from sweeping my arms over my head, etc. It was a really really nice practice. It felt sooo good to be back in the group.

Today, the arm feels fine, which makes sense because of all of the modifications, but I am super duper sore today. It was weird because during practice, I was extra bendy, even though I thought for sure I wasn't going to be able to touch my toes. I hadn't practiced in three weeks! But, I was laying on my legs in all the seated forward bends, my head was touching my shins in uttanasana...and today my muscles are wrecked. It didn't feel like a ton of effort at the time, but I am more sore than I have been in a long time. I sorta love it though, it reminds me that I am finally practicing again. I'm a sicko, what can I say :)

I've been continuing to observe/assist with my mentors classes. That is such a nice experience. He teaches ashtanga, hatha, and hatha flow, so I've gotten to see a lot of different types of classes. Tomorrow night I'm going to go observe a beginner's series. I'm really excited about that because the people who attend my mentor's classes seem to be fairly advanced, and I feel like I'll learn more teaching/observing beginners. I'll blog about that tomorrow!

Until then you little sweeties!

No comments: