Friday, March 30, 2007

Singing in the rain

A large storm has blown into texas. I am at home with my pup listening to the rain falling. I'm hoping all this rain may wash some of the pollen away, as my allergies are crazy today!

Later today I am going to present my research to some students my program is recruiting. That is really fun, in a nostalgic sort of way. I love to remember going on interviews and visiting the university, and it is fun to think that I am now showing off this university to prospective students, as the cycle continues.

I've been observing a lot of classes instead of practicing. This has been really eye opening. As a student practicing in the class, it is difficult for me to see the entire picture sometimes. To step back and watch the whole class practice is really nice. I get to see the adjustments as the teach gives them, I get to see how people adjust themselves, and the breathing and energy is very comforting. I'd like to hang out there all day!

I think I may try to get back into the swing of asana practice myself tomorrow morning. We'll see about that...don't want to awaken the sleeping giant in my shoulder!

I've been thinking a lot about being good, kind, and forgiving with one's self lately. I really think that too often, we are judgemental of each other, but even more so of ourselves. We are very hard on ourselves! I'm trying to cut myself a break lately, and I like it :) I'm doing the best that I can in my life, and that feels really good.

3 comments:

Tim said...

I've been starting to think about the David Swenson TT in Austin in May, if my schedule permits. I'm wondering how the town is for visiting, and if the places where the training is is in the boonies or nearby to interesting stuff for after class.

You can send me an email if you want - the link is on my blog profile.

ps re: Wednesday's entry, yesterday riding home I was listening to a This American Life episode on television, and it made me want to go home and just veg in front of the set (which is was I did, but kind of wish I hadn't).

Tim

Elaina said...

I bet the episode was about how television is bad, wasn't it? And it made you want to watch tv!

I remember when I had just quit smoking a few years back, whenever I saw a public service announcement about how bad smoking is, it made me want a cigarette!

I'm going to email you now, instead of rambling on here.

Tim said...

Actually, Ira Glass was talking about his fondness for the OC and Todd Rakhoff, it turns out, could not stop laughing at America's Funniest Home Videos.

All things in moderation (even moderation), that's my motto.