Friday, March 16, 2007

What to do...

Ah bicep tendonitis...any advice on how to "rest" the proximal bicep tendon AND practice Ashtanga? :) OR, any one else experienced bicep tendonitis? I'd love to hear your story.

Also, what do people think about injuries in general? Is it best to practice through them, modifying, or is it best to wait until you are sure you are totally healed to return to asana?

I'm debating about whether to go to led class in the morning, the shoulder is not up to par, maybe going and skipping vinyasas is the way to go. The safe way to go would be to wait, I spent 20 something years not practicing, I don't think another week or so would kill me ! Oh, but I do miss the energy of the class.

Happy Weekend Everyone ! :)

2 comments:

CJ said...

I've been injured several times and I've always carried on the practice but modified everything, sometimes heavily (i hurt my knee and practiced with 1 straight leg for 2 months).

I know someone who got very ill and turned up to class everyday and just sat and breathed.

Do what you can and use it as a time of inquiry into each pose.

Heal soon!

Tim said...

It's hard to say, and depends on the nature of the injury. I've rested at times, kept practicing at times. But I do have two knee surgeries to show for not sufficiently respecting the limits of my body, and so causing torn meniscus in both. Respect what the pain is telling you.