Thursday, March 8, 2007

Disconnected

Today my cable/internet went down for around 4 hours. I had decided to stay home to work on a grant I am writing (which I need the internet for...). I was really surprised how weird I felt without having access to the internet or having the television on. I got so uncomfortable that I left the house to go shopping for a little while. I've actually been toying with getting rid of television lately, and this is just more fuel for the fire, maybe I'll be making that plunge sooner than later...maybe an experimental trial run is in order.

Also, another experiment I would like to try is to stop blogging about progress with asanas, which ones I bound in, whether or not I did a headstand, etc. (as this really isn't the point of my practice) and start blogging more about my spiritual journey, teacher training, and meditation. In the spirit of this, I have been wanting to increase the amount of time I spend meditating. My current techniques include body scanning/mindfulness and concentrating on the retentions between breaths. Anyone have a technique that has been successful for them?

No comments: