Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Farewell Tele

My husband and I have decided to get rid of television....oooooooooh I'm scared! And strangely excited! It is one of those things that I've known we should do for long time, but have not had the will power to do. I mentioned the other day to my hubby that I have been considering it, I think in a way to get him to push me to agree to do it. He has always felt it was bad, a distraction, etc....but I grew up with the t.v. on non-stop. This will take some adjusting to, but it is already cool because I feel like I have so much more time in the evening. Funny.

I'm going to start practicing full primary again soon, the tendons seem to have calmed down finally...they were angry little fellas for a while there, I wonder how it will be going back after three weeks off? I'm worried I will have lost a ton of strength, flexibility, and stamina. How has everybody else done after breaks like this?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will LOVE life without the television! Hooray for you! We have been without it since our son was 18 months old. We have a great kid with a fantastic imagination and a love of reading (he goes through two or three books a week). And, we don't have all that paranoia and craziness in the house (it's all our own!). If you go six months without it and then go watch the news or any kind of show, you will be stunned! Congratulations!
As to going back after time off, I find that my body works very well. Sometimes you just need a really good rest. enjoy!

CJ said...

It's easier than you will anticipate. I did a very modified practice for 2 months and then slowly built back to a full practice when I was better. It took a little while. It doesn't really matter, you'll feel so great for "being back"!

Wayne said...

Coming back to practice after a break is always wonderful - makes you so appreciative of every breath and every asana and not just the one you're "trying to get". Be kind to your body and enjoy your practice!

Elaina said...

Thanks so much for the thoughtful comments! I'm excited about getting back into it, and you know you'll hear all about it when I do! :)

Anonymous said...

Just relax and take your time, you have the rest of your life to develop your asanas and your practice. Focus on your breath, do what you are able with your injuries and enjoy where you are at in the present.

Namaste.