Saturday, March 3, 2007

"Owee!" when he adjusted me

I decided to practice this morning despite the moon day. I have been on ladies holiday for a couple days and was itching to get to my mat! Not surprisingly I was tight and stiff from my break. During paschimottanasana C my back was rounding more than lengthening, and M came over to adjust me, and the extra weight on my back took my hammys to the limit!!! I tapped out with a moan. I have been blessed to have relatively loose hamstrings most of the time, and most of the time adjustments like these feel soooo good! Not today. Just goes to show you how every practice is different.

I did manage to include sirsasana in my practice today. Usually I am too beat to lift my legs off the floor. I'm hoping this is a sign that my stamina is coming along.

I was hanging out after class with the instructor and some friends, and I realized how much I love being a part of the yoga community. I feel so lucky to have taken this particular path in my life.

No comments: