Saturday, May 19, 2007

Dropbacks...Drop! Back!

On Friday in morning mysore, Mary wanted me to start dropping back by myself....AHHHHHH!!!! I don't wanna!

Okay, now that the mild freakout is over...I really don't feel like I am ready. She has been assisting me, and I feel like she is doing all the work, and that when I do it myself, I am just going to fall on my head! I think tomorrow morning may be when I just have to go for it. I have a lot of fear in my practice. Headstand took way longer than it needed to, because I was scared of falling over, I don't jump-through properly because I'm scared I'll re-injure my shoulder. I've never attempted forearm stand (see headstand). And now, I can't seem to bring myself to make the drop.

I'm loving practice in spite of this fear. I've been given all the poses except setu bandhasana. Very cool.

I've started "teaching" classes fairly regularly. I have classes at my house, and I'm assisting with my second mentor. I'm surprised how much I'm going to have to get used to. Teaching is so much more complicated than I thought it was going to be. I look forward to having my own public classes where I can begin to feel more comfortable.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!

No comments: