Monday, May 21, 2007

The Fountain

I watched "The Fountain" last night on video. My husband and I have been bound and determined to see it, and we went to 6 video stores last night before we found one in stock. Popular film! And now that I have seen it I get why it was so hard to find. One of the very best films I have ever seen. I may be a little bit biased because I love Aronofsky and a lot of the themes were very yogic. I'm still going to stick my neck out there and highly recommend it.

I would go into why I love it so much, but that would include spoilers, and I don't want to ruin such a wonderful journey for any of you. But run, don't walk, to your local video store and rent it.

In Practice News: I'm having a funny feeling on the left side of my upper spine, and it is has been hanging out there for a couple weeks now. It seems like I always have something physically nagging going on. I spoke with Mary after class about it today, and she had a really beautiful way of putting it. She said that our bodies are carrying a history with them. From our ancestors and from our own lives. The practice helps to realign our physical (mental, and spiritual) body, and this process isn't always comfortable. After hearing this, I feel differently about the pain in my back, like I am letting some trauma go from this spot. She also told me that as the years pass, these nagging issues come fewer and farther between. I hope she is right ;)

Namaste everyone.

No comments: