Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Monkey Mind.........

Is it too soon to be burned out on blogging? Kidding, but I am having real trouble coming up with what I want to say about today's practice...

I'm still taking it a little easy in class, take-it-up asanas and the like...But today I was actually able to escape the fluctuations of my mind for a moment, towards the end of practice. It seems like when I first started it was easier to forget about the world, the other students in the room, the teacher, and just breathe...but for the past couple weeks I've had trouble not thinking the whole time, my monkey mind is just running away, and taking my peaceful practice with it. I think part of it is that I'm thinking about my injuries (and how not to make them worse) too much. The funny thing is, by doing that, I think I'm losing my flow and only aggravating them...

On the plus side, five pain free urdva dhanurasanas today...for the second day in a row! That's a big deal considering up until yesterday I've either done less than five with pain, or serious modifications.

Another interesting thing that came up in class today...The teacher wanted to make sure that students know that adjustments do not necessarily mean that something is wrong with your pose...sometimes it is that you are doing something right and they feel you are ready to move on in a new way...I wonder how to tell the difference?

Okay, more tomorrow...

No comments: