Sunday, February 18, 2007

The New Rug Rocks

So, I went to a Mysore class today with the new rug, and I love it! I covered the top of my mat with the end of the rug during surya namaskar, which gave a nice shelf for my hands to rest on, no slipping for the first time! Then, I unrolled it right before Dandasana. It worked out beautifully! YAY!

Practice today was one of those few and far between that just feel so right. My jump-throughs were controlled, and while I wasn't jumping back in one motion, it was much smoother, and I could feel the elements coming together. I have faith that I will be able to do it! I will, I will! :)

Bound hands on both sides in all the Mari's, even bound hands in Supta K! with a little tug from the teach of course. Still no headstand, I'm so exhausted by the end of practice, that I'm just taking my hips above my head, and lifting my toes off the ground here and there by shifting my hips back. I've decided I won't allow myself to go into full asana until I can lift both legs straight up from that point.

Can't wait for tomorrow, a led full primary. With my new rug!

No comments: