Monday, February 19, 2007

Too much attention....or not?

Today's practice was pretty good. I was a wee fatigued from yesterday's mysore style class, but it is always nice to be a part of the collective breath and energy in a led class of 45! Still loving the rug, it feels really good to lay down on in savasana, and I found myself scratching my back on it by wiggling when coming down from each urdhva dhanurasana! Felt so good!

Interestingly, the teach came over to me in almost every single posture and corrected something...whether it be foot placement in a standing posture, placing my heels together in navasana, binding lower around my thighs in pindasana, etc...I felt like I could do no right. And I know my practice hasn't changed that much from yesterday!

So, I'm hoping that he feels we have built enough of a student teacher relationship to adjust me often. Either that or he is too tired of all my many mistakes to let any slide by! We'll see tomorrow! Either way, It was nice to have all the help, I feel silly when I find out I have been doing something wrong for so many months, if someone had just mentioned it sooner, I would have corrected it.

Bound well in everything but Supta K today, and still no headstand, but I could feel the teach eyeballing me, it is only a matter of time before he comes over and tells me to come up.

My jumpback is almost there, I can feel it coming. I am so close to connecting the tipping back with the shooting out my legs into chataranga. Don't worry, you will be the first to know if and when it happens:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Errr...wouldn't that be a jumpback? :-)

Elaina said...

I've changed the offensive mistake:) You are correct! But you already knew that didn't you....

I'm obsessed with both, so I'm thinking freudian slip?!