Friday, February 16, 2007

Stuck like Glue

So, I haven't been able to practice for two days...and I can tell that I am more attached to my practice than I should be. It seems like a bit of a catch 22. Asana, and the seven other limbs, should be practiced dilligently, but you aren't supposed to be attached to practicing them. I haven't quite figured out how to do that. All I can think about is going to class tonight. Well, that is for two reasons, the fact that I haven't practiced lately, and the fact that I finally ordered a cotton rug from Hugger Mugger. I'm actually awaiting UPS right now!

I'm really looking forward to practicing with a cotton rug, right now I'm using Yogitoes, but I'm not entirely happy with it. It's a little to slippery before it gets damp, and even when damp it gets crumpled on my mat after several jumpthroughs. I know that the stronger I get and the smoother my transitions, the less it would move around. Some of the more advanced students use Yogitoes and they don't wrinkle at all! I'm still hoping the denser cotton rug will stay put.

While writing this post, I just had the most odd sense of Deja vu. I wonder what causes Deja vu, and if any gurus or yogic literature have explained this phenomenon. Hmm....

No comments: